Friday, August 29, 2008

I'm Back

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted. Bad blogger. I've been fairly sick--bad reaction to some medication I was taking, then coming off the medication made things worse until it all worked it's way out of my system. It was all I could do to get through the days taking care of the animals and work. Blogging was not on my radar. I'm feeling much better now and my energy levels seem to back.

Jeeves is doing well. The bump on his pastern seems to be getting slightly smaller. The vet was out on Monday and she thought it felt smaller, as well as "different". Not as hard and she was able to isolate an area that was a definate "bump" and the surrounding area felt more like soft tissue edema, or something like that. So, the thought now is that he just banged himself somehow. She gave me some Dexamethasone and DMSO to put on for a couple of week to see if that helps.

Riding took a bit of a back seat when I was feeling the worst, but I've been trying to get back in to a routine of riding. I've been throwing in some lead changes in our rides. He does right to left perfectly. He gets so proud of himself afterwards. :-) Left to right results in much bouncing around and he switches late behind, but it will come.

3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad you are back and feeling better. There's nothing worse than feeling miserable and still having to take care of everything that depends on you. It's good that you've been able to ride, that usually makes everyone feel better.

RuthWells said...

Glad you're ... um... back on the horse! (Groan!)

AnnL said...

GHM -- Thanks for the welcome back. Yes, it can be pretty bad having to get up and do all the work taking care of the critters, I usually feel at least a little better once I get myself moving.

Ruth -- Thanks for the grin!