Sunday, July 27, 2008

Lazy Weekend




Well, I managed to ride yesterday morning. Considering I hadn't ridden for a week, it was a pretty good ride. I did a lot of stretching, alot of getting him to move forward, which is always a challenge for him. I did alot of walk/trot/walk transitons--trying to get them prompt and clear. The up transitions are doing pretty well. I can feel him lift up through his withers, although he needs to step off into a more energetic trot. But, we just dribble into the walk. You'ld think after 20+ years of riding I would have this figured out by now. :-(

I really need some lessons. I haven't had one since April! Kathy, my trainer, has had a lot going on in her life. Her father had been ill, then he passed away in June. Then, even when we have been able to schedule one, we end up having to cancel because of rain or Jeeves pulled a shoe. I keep hoping we can get back on track.

I hope I can get a ride in tomorrow. But, there are t-storms in the forecast over night and tomorrow. One of the problems of having the horse at home is not having an indoor to ride in. Makes it a challenge.

No comments: