Thursday, July 24, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope you like it here. This is my first attempt at blogging, not sure how this will be, but here goes...

I've lived here on my beautiful little 4 acre paradise for 8 years and I brought horses here 4 years ago. I ride dressage...well, I attempt to ride dressage. I chose the name Transitions Farm because transitions are important in dressage and in life--how smooth they are, or not; how well we prepare for them, or not; where they take us.

Jeeves is the love of my life. He's a 14yo, 17.1h Cleveland Bay/TB cross. I've owned him for 4 years now and my heart still skips a beat when I look out my window and see him out in the paddock. He's competed 2nd/3rd level dressage. The last year or so, I've been having trouble finding the time and energy to ride consistently. One reason for starting this blog is the hope that if I blog about my riding, I'll be more responsible about riding and making the time again. So, to anyone who might be out there in the ether reading this, please feel free to nag me and help get me back in the saddle consistently.

That's it for now.

No comments: